Want To Know A 3-Step Exercise To Lose Weight After The Holidays?
The last month – December has probably been a feast for all of us. Family gatherings, holiday party with friends and office parties were so much fun except the fact that there’s always good food around that is not on your diet list.
Gaining weight after the holidays is inevitable, therefore, you must know what to do about those extra pounds on your weighing scale. Start your year right and exercise to lose weight after the holidays.
Fortunately, you can fend off the dreaded holiday bulge without the need to carve out a huge amount of time for it. By adding short bursts of intense effort, it can fire up your metabolism and fast track results.
In an Australian study, women who did high-intensity training with intervals twice a week for 20 minutes in 15 weeks shed more fat than those women that exercised for 40 minutes at a lower intensity over the same period.
Exercise To Lose Weight After The Holidays – In 3 Steps
Before you start exercising, warm-up your body with this 30-minute cardio interval sessions as often. No equipment or gym required! In a minute, do as many reps of each exercise as you can moving from one to the other with no stops. Rest for 90 secs and repeat the circuit a total of 3-4 times.
- Jumping jacks
- Squat jumps
- Side to side hops
Follow this routine three times a week. Do each step twice without stopping. Rest for 2 mins in between steps.
Related: 5 Minute Exercise To Lose Weight Fast
- Bulgarian squat – begin by standing with your back about 18 inches from a bench. You must place the top of your right foot on the bench and then lower your body until your left thigh is in level with the floor and then press through your heel to stand. That is one rep. Do 10, then switch sides and repeat.
- Inclined T-Pushup – begin by placing your hands on a step or bench. Make sure your hands are shoulder-width apart at the same time, extend your legs behind you and do a pushup. You must rotate your torso to the right until you are in a side plank as you push back to start while raising your right hand towards the ceiling. Return to start. That is one rep. repeat on the other side, and continue alternating for 15 total reps.
- Two-way Lunge – start by standing with hands on hips and then step to the right and bend your right knee to lower into a side lunge. After that, press through your right heel to rise, and then step forward and lower into another lunge. You must press through your right heel to return to standing. That is one rep. continue in one fluid motion for 10 reps, then switch legs and then repeat.
- Triceps dip – start by sitting on a chair and then place your hands by your hips. Make sure that your feet are flat on the floor with knees slightly bent. Lift yourself off the chair, shifting your butt forward so it is in front of the seat. After that, bend your elbows to lower your body toward the floor. Return to start and that is one rep. Do 15 reps.
- Standing row – start by looping a resistance band around a sturdy object. Next, grab the ends with both of your hands. Back away with your arms extending at shoulder height until there is tension in the band. Keeping your core tight, you must squeeze your shoulder blades together and pull your elbows back towards your chest and pause. Afterwards, slowly extend your arms. That’s one rep. Do 15 reps.
- Hip crossover – start by laying face up on the floor with your arms extended at shoulder height and palms facing up. After that, lift your legs and bend your knees in about 90 degrees. Tighten your abs and then lower your legs to the right. And then, slowly reverse the movement to the left. Do not lift your shoulders off from the ground. That’s one rep. Continue for 10 reps.
Related: Dr. Created 23-Sec Belly Flattening TRICK...
These steps have back-to-back exercises that use opposing muscle groups which burn calories and tone your muscles in less than half an hour. And do not think you are cutting corners by slashing your gym time.
Some research showed that individuals burned the same amount of calories in a 30-minute intense routine (like this) as they did in comparison with a longer weight training workout. They even burned more calories after they finished exercising.
[sociallocker id=78]Thanks for sharing! Please click here to download your free report![/sociallocker]
Source: Excerpted from Women’s Health Philippines December 2013 Ed. P.26-27