What could be better than warm, freshly-baked cinnamon rolls topped with cream cheese frosting? Even the aroma is irresistible.
If your family loves this sweet treat, you might end up baking tons of them and save some for desserts throughout the week. Unfortunately, this baked good is very delicate and tends to dry out pretty quickly.
Don’t worry. The key to reviving leftover baked goods is proper reheating. With the correct technique, you can enjoy them as fluffy and moist as the first time you baked them.
Read on to find the best ways to heat up some leftover cinnamon rolls so they taste like freshly baked ones!
Can You Reheat Cinnamon Rolls?
We find that the best and most simple ways to warm up cinnamon rolls are in the oven or microwave.
You can reheat both cold and frozen pieces with great success. The key is to preserve the moisture, so the rolls won’t dry out and stay moist. We’ll walk you through the tricks below.
To reheat frozen rolls, our recommendation is to thaw them in advance before reheating. Simply remove them from the freezer and leave them in the refrigerator overnight. Or, allow them to chill for 10 to 15 minutes on the counter. Finally, you can reheat them right away in an oven or microwave.
Keep reading to find our step-to-step guide to reheat these sweet buns for your delightful warm breakfast and desserts!
How to Reheat Cinnamon Rolls in the Oven
Putting them back in the oven allows this holiday staple to regain the fluffiness and avoid a dry bite. This method is perfect for reheating a big batch to feed a crowd. It takes longer than reheating in a microwave, but it is worth the wait.
Using the oven is also the best way to reheat frozen cinnamon rolls so they are fluffy and delicious.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
2. Place the pieces in an oven-safe dish.
3. Assess whether they look dry. If yes, coat them lightly with melted butter or sprinkle a little bit of water.
4. Cover with aluminum foil. The foil helps to retain the moisture and prevent them from drying out.
5. Bake for about 10 to 15 minutes. Reheating more pieces requires more time. Feel free to adjust the reheating time, especially if you’re reheating cinnamon rolls with icing.
6. Check if they are already warmed through the center. If not, put them back into the oven and bake for another few minutes.
7. Once ready, remove them out of the oven.
8. Allow to rest for a few minutes and serve!
How To Reheat Cinnamon Rolls in a Microwave: The Quickest Option
If you are a fan of microwaving leftovers, we have good news. This appliance is excellent for reheating cinnamon rolls without compromising their decadent flavors and beautiful texture.
Microwave is perfect if you only need to reheat 1 to 2 pieces to satisfy your sweet tooth. It’s fast and straightforward.
Here is our simple guide to heat up cinnamon rolls in a microwave.
1. Place the pieces on a plate or microwave-safe container. If reheating one piece only, place it in the center of the vessel.
If the rolls are wrapped in aluminum foil, don’t forget to remove the foil. Keep in mind that aluminum foil is never microwave-safe.
2. Cover the plate with a damp paper towel.
3. Microwave for 15 to 30 seconds on medium power.
4. Check whether they are already warmed up to the center. If not, put them back and microwave for 10 to 15 seconds. Use short intervals so you don’t risk overheating them. Otherwise, the rolls will become hard and dry.
5. Serve and enjoy immediately.
Cinnamon rolls are an all-time favorite sweet treat. While they are best enjoyed fresh from the oven, leftovers certainly deserve a second chance.
You can quickly reheat leftover cinnamon rolls in an oven or microwave. Reheating in an oven gives a slightly better result, but microwaving also works perfectly to achieve moist and fluffy goodness.
Follow our tips above to reheat the sweet buns so you can enjoy the delicious baked goods until the last bite!