Sweet and fluffy, cornbread is one of the delicious staple foods adored by many people. Thanks to its versatility, this ‘native’ American side dish is a popular choice to serve with any main course.
This Southern-type bread tastes most delicious when served hot, fresh from the oven. Unfortunately, cold leftovers are cold and hard. Therefore, they might not be as tempting and appealing as their fresh counterparts.
Hang on there! Although cold bread is not very appetizing, it doesn’t necessarily go to waste. All you need to know is the right way to reheat it, so even the leftovers can be as inviting as freshly baked ones!
Keep reading to find the easy directions to reheat leftover cornbread for your quick meals!
How to Reheat Cornbread In An Oven
Using the oven is the best way to reheat bread of all types including cornbread. It’s a straightforward technique, but it does take some time. Most importantly, it works very well to bring back the texture.
Here is the detailed instruction.
1. Preheat your oven to 300 °F.
2. Place cornbread on a baking tray and cover it with aluminum foil.
3. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes. After 10 minutes, check if it is thoroughly reheated. If not, extend for extra 5 minutes. Don’t reheat for too long because it tends to dry out.
4. Remove from the oven, and it’s ready to serve.
How to Heat Up Cornbread In A Skillet
Another quick and efficient technique to revive this Southern-type bread is reheating in a skillet. Plus, you can also add some butter to boost the flavors.
Here is how you can do it.
1. Lightly grease a skillet with a small amount of butter, oil, or cooking spray to prevent the bread from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
2. Place slices of cornbread in the skillet and reheat for a couple of minutes on one side. Then, flip and reheat the other side for a few more minutes until both sides are nicely warmed up.
How to Warm Up Cornbread In The Microwave
There is no doubt that reheating leftovers is the most convenient and most straightforward solution ever. However, it’s not always a guarantee that the food will turn out nice and fresh again.
Fortunately, this go-to kitchen appliance doesn’t do any bad for this Southern staple. This reheating technique is also an excellent option to warm up a small portion for a quick meal. Here is how to freshen up cornbread in the microwave.
1. Place a slice of cornbread on a suitable, microwaveable container.
2. Cover with plastic wrap and poke some little vents to allow the steam to escape.
3. Microwave on medium settings for 20 to 30 seconds
In A Nutshell
Leftover cornbread might have lost some of its stunning texture and flavor. But, a quick reheating will revive yesterday’s glory if you know the tricks.
There are three easy options to reheat cold cornbread; in the oven, skillet, or microwave. Your oven is a great option to reheat a large amount. The second best is your skillet. Plus, you can add some butter to enhance the flavors. But, if you’re short on time, your microwave also does the job incredibly well.
Check our tips above on reheating cornbread, so it turns out as stunning as day one!
*image by myviewpoint/depositphotos