Leftover fries might not be a common sight to see. But, there is a time when you get a little crazy with this fast-food favorite, and you end up with a bit too much to eat.
The next day, you feel like eating them for a quick lunch. So, you take them out of the fridge to reheat. At this moment, you start wondering: what is the best way to reheat leftover fries, so they become crispy again?
To revive the cold, hard fries, you can simply reheat them in an oven, skillet, or air fryer. Keep reading to know how you can warm up your leftover fries without making them soggy and tasteless!
Can You Reheat Fries and Make Them Crispy Again?
French fries are best served hot straight from the deep fryer. But, there comes a time when you have leftovers to handle.
Reheating leftover fries seems like an easy-peasy task. But, if not doing it right, you’ll end up with soggy, unappetizing pieces. Whether you got them from your favorite fast-food restaurants or made them from scratch, rest assured that there is a way to freshen them up for your next afternoon snack.
The rule of thumb for reheating fries is never using a microwave! If you are a fan of microwaving everything, it’s time to ditch the appliance for this particular leftover.
A microwave will be the last option when it comes to reheating leftover fries because instead of a crispy exterior, you’ll end up with soggy, sad-looking pieces.
Here are our ultimate tips for heating up leftover fries and making them as crispy as day one!
How To Reheat French Fries In An Air Fryer
Due to the capacity of the basket, this method is suitable for reheating a small quantity. Here is how to make leftover fries crispy:
- 1. Place them in the basket in a single layer.
- 2. Turn on the air fryer to 350 ºF.
- 3. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes until they are warm and crispy. The estimated cooking time depends on the thickness of the fries and how crispy you want them to be.
- 4. Sprinkle some salt (if necessary) and serve!
How To Heat Up Fries In A Skillet
This method is also suitable for reheating a small quantity of leftovers. If you have tons of them, work in batches and avoid overcrowding the pan.
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, pour vegetable oil to cover the pan’s entire surface. The oil should be enough to essentially re-fry the fries.
- 2. Heat the skillet on medium-high heat until the oil is simmering hot.
- 3. Put the fries in a single layer and sprinkle them with salt.
- 4. Cook them for a few minutes until they are warm and crisp. Add your favorite toppings, such as dried herbs, black peppers, or grated cheese (optional).
- 5. Mix well and remove them from the skillet.
- 6. Drain the excess oil on a plate lined with a paper towel.
How To Reheat Fries In An Oven
For reheating a massive amount of leftovers, this technique is your best option.
- 1. Preheat your oven to 400 to 425 ºF.
- 2. Crumple up an aluminum foil and spread it over a baking tray.
- 3. Spread the fries across the baking tray in a single layer.
- 4. Spray them with cooking oil.
- 5. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes until they are golden brown and crispy.
- 6. Remove them from the oven.
- 7. Sprinkle some additional salt (if necessary) and serve with your favorite condiments!
The first thing to remember about reheating fries is the microwave comes the least. Instead, reheat them in an oven, skillet, or air fryer. This way, you’ll make them crispy again.
Follow our tips to reheat leftover fries the right way, so they will be as pleasant and crispy again as they just come out from the deep fryer!
*image by ancoay/depositphotos